WEATHERPROOF" Series, High Performance
Green plated finish and gold-plated contacts
1. Cup - 2. Insulating plate - 3. Threaded coupling ring - 4. Hard, closed-entry insert - 5. Backshell (with Pg type or cable-clamp) 6. Sealing grommet - 7. Knurled assembly ring - 8. Sealing washer - 9. (Pin or socket) contact.
According to part-number, the pin or socket plugs and the cable connecting plugs of this series can be with any one of the following cable adapter:
Rubber sealing** grommets* are available for use with these different types of adapter ; delivered with all connectors, their use is compulsory with plugs and cable connecting plugs.
- cable-clamp (JAEGER manufacturer) :
- adapter for uncovered or covered flexible conduits (an authorized manufacturer).
*Note: In the event of irregularities, particulary longitudinal grooves, on the cable sheating it will be necessary to fill the sealing
grommet cavity with CONEXIL potting compound (page 28).
** Sealing grommets for a series of wires - Consult our sales Engineering office.
This series comprises plugs, receptacles and cable connecting plugs with pin or socket inserts.
- Contacts : Pin or socket contact are unremovable and carry a gold plating finish.
- Contact termination : Contacts may be soldered on to the wire ends.
- Contact resistance between pin and socket (page 2).
- Maximum Current Rating : The maximum current rating will be determined in consideration of the number of contact carrying the current, their diameters and the temperature increase which is permissible (See page 2).
- Voltage Rating (Per AIR 520) (page 2).
- Insulation resistance (Tested at 500 volts D.C.) (page 2).